Made me laugh – I could actually tick off quite a few.
- you would say a quick prayer asking for the forgiveness of as many sins as you can remember when the traveling prophet would start walking around in the congregation.
- you know what the initial evidence of the infilling of the Holy Spirit is.
- you feel uncomfortable in churches where people don’t raise their hands.
- you liked Hillsong before they were cool.
- your church was worried about Y2K.
- you’ve question the salvation of your Catholic friends.
- you’ve ‘laid’ things at the altar, but never physically left anything there.
- you’ve worried you’ve missed the rapture on more than one occasion when you can’t get a hold of your Christian family members.
- your church’s altar ministry team included “catchers.”
- your pastor would shout and sweat when he preached.
- your church had a ‘blanket’ ministry.
- your Christmas services were like a Broadway show.
- you took a water bottle with you to church.
- Kleenex boxes lined the front altar of your church.
- the phrase “IshouldaboughtaHondabutIboughtaNissan” makes you laugh and makes you feel guilty at the same time.
- when someone shouted “FIRE!” in your church it didn’t cause alarm.
- you’ve been drunk…in the Spirit.
- you would keep your eyes open during a response time to see if people were really raising their hands all across the room.
Read More — Tim Schraeder